Managing a Mood Disorder with Outcomes-Focused Education
Improving Lives with Education
- Provide actionable education directly to people in need of support
- Make experts accessible to people living with mood disorders, no matter where they live
- Empower families to make resourceful and effective healthcare decisions
Strengthen the Doctor-Patient Relationship
- Prepare healthcare professionals to identify the signs and symptoms of mood disorders, and understand available treatment options
- Include the patient and caregiver voice to teach doctors how to set expectations, encourage participation, and support shared decision-making
People who live with mood disorders use a variety of wellness strategies to meet their preferred treatment outcomes. For many, the symptoms of depression or bipolar disorder as well as the steps involved in implementing a personally-defined wellness plan can interfere with achieving their everyday goals. For years, the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) has provided hope, help, support, and education through peer-based, wellness-focused services and resources to improve the lives of people who have mood disorders. Now, DBSA has partnered with PlatformQ Health to make reliable education about mood disorders more accessible and impactful, so that more individuals can feel empowered in shared decision-making with healthcare providers to choose the best treatment plan for their wellbeing.
The Importance of Digital Education
- Deliver up-to-date education to clinicians & the healthcare team
- Give individuals with mood disorders convenient access to the nation’s leading experts
- Change behavior and practice
- Distribute findings broadly
- Large reach to affected families – previous programs have seen hundreds of questions from learners across the US
Program support includes everything that it takes to develop modules that address learning gaps, create high-quality video education, and document the impact on changes in patient behavior.
Third Party Integration
Our proprietary learning management platform enables programs to be seamlessly syndicated into third-party platforms, which increases provider and patient accessibility and engagement.
Measure Educational Impact
Integrated tools that track effectiveness of each educational activity, providing qualitative insights and quantitative reports showing increased engagement, knowledge, changes in behavior and more.
Awareness | Engagement | Action
- Ability to share multiple perspectives from various healthcare stakeholders, including affected families
- Connect from any device
- Slides, decision aids, support resources and other information available for download
- Live & enduring execution options with interactive features including polling and Q&A with panelists
Advocacy Vice President
“In everything we do, we strive to help people live successfully with mood disorders. We are thrilled that this partnership enables us to offer our community accessible, empowering education so they can participate and make informed decisions about their care.”
Support Digital Education On Mood Disorders
For more information on programs and collaboration opportunities, please contact us!