PlatformQ Health Kicks Off Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month with New Patient Education
- The biology, diagnosis, and stages of pancreatic cancer
- Different treatment options available for advanced pancreatic cancer
- The risks of and strategies to treat and manage relapse
- Techniques and tips to minimize side effects and maximize quality of life
Panelists for this program included:
- Eileen M. O’Reilly, MD, Section Head for Hepatopancreaticobiliary and Neuroendocrine Cancers, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, associate director for clinical research at the David M. Rubenstein Center for Pancreatic Cancer, an attending physician at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, and a professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College.
- Christi Marie Walsh, MSN, CRNP, an acute care nurse practitioner and transplant coordinator at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Joseph Titlebaum is an entrepreneur, attorney, and digital media/tech executive who has served as the chairman of the board of directors of the National Pancreas Foundation.