November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month and PlatformQ Health is proud to support the awareness and empowerment of patients and caregivers managing pancreatic cancer by providing them with video-first education that’s available online, so those most impacted can attend no matter what stage of the disease they are facing. Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month is a time when people across the world come together to fight back against, and raise the profile of, pancreatic cancer. PlatformQ Health recently partnered with the National Pancreas Foundation to create a special pancreatic cancer education session, called Pancreatic Cancer: Facing Your Disease with Hope and Knowledge, which aired live on Thursday, November 8, 2018. The program explored:
- The biology, diagnosis, and stages of pancreatic cancer
- Different treatment options available for advanced pancreatic cancer
- The risks of and strategies to treat and manage relapse
- Techniques and tips to minimize side effects and maximize quality of life
Panelists for this program included:
- Eileen M. O’Reilly, MD, Section Head for Hepatopancreaticobiliary and Neuroendocrine Cancers, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, associate director for clinical research at the David M. Rubenstein Center for Pancreatic Cancer, an attending physician at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, and a professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College.
- Christi Marie Walsh, MSN, CRNP, an acute care nurse practitioner and transplant coordinator at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Joseph Titlebaum is an entrepreneur, attorney, and digital media/tech executive who has served as the chairman of the board of directors of the National Pancreas Foundation.