PlatformQ is searching for an experienced UX/Accessibility Engineer to join our team of brilliant developers working on our next generation online events platform using cutting edge web technologies. This opportunity allows for remote work for candidates anywhere in the US – or, join us in our Needham, MA office and collaborate with our engineering team in person.
This position is well suited to candidates with strong experience creating accessible, responsive user interfaces with Vue.js or similar. Ideal candidates would feel comfortable guiding other teams in creating accessible, usable, beautiful interfaces and tools.
- Strong skills with at least one SPA (single page application) framework: Vue (preferred), Angular, or React
- HTML, SASS, TypeScript (or ES6 experience)
- Expertise with core software development concepts such as object-oriented programming, dependency injection/IoC, distributed systems, etc.
- 2+ Years of experience in UX / Accessibility development (VPAT author experience a plus)
Responsibilities as a UX/Accessibility Engineer include:
- Contribute to regular team meetings, providing your input and collaborating with other project members
- Investigate and recommend new technologies where relevant
- Mentor other product teams on accessible coding practices – hosting trainings where necessary
- Enhance applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, and making recommendations, designing, and implementing those improvements
- Maintain and enhance existing codebases
- Strive to produce finished products that are performant, engaging, and accessible across mobile and desktop clients
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Health & wellness benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- 401K matching
- Long-term disability coverage
- Great location walking distance to Commuter Rail and Needham Center
PlatformQ, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices.
Location: Remote work option available, or Needham, MA
Position Type: Full-Time Position
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org